BirdLife Middle East Photo Contest – Round 2
Posted on Fri, 18/06/2021
BirdLife Middle East and the Migratory Soaring Birds project are excited to announce the second round of the BirdLife Middle East Photo Contest (the “Contest”). The aim is to photograph migratory soaring birds during their migration.
WHO MAY ENTER
The Contest is open to all participants from the Rift Valley / Red Sea Flyawy.
WHAT TO ENTER
- We are looking for striking digital photos that show migratory soaring birds during their migration. It is preferable to submit photos of birds that are soaring near to powerlines, wind turbines, waste management facilities, tourism facilities, agricultural sites.
- Photos of birds in captivity will not be accepted.
- Photos captured by drones will not be accepted.
- Photos should not be digitally altered and should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared.
- Photos should be participated for the first time. Photos that have been participated in other contests will not be accepted.
- Photos that do not meet these requirements may or may not be judged at the judging panel's sole discretion.
HOW TO ENTER
All photos must be submitted to BirdLife Middle East via email at ME@birdlife.org. You must put in the subject line “WMBD2021 - Round 2” and include the following details:
- Name of copyright owner, including how the photo should be credited,
- Caption for the photo, including the subject of the photo,
- The location where the photo was taken,
- The specs of the camera used in capturing the photo.
- Each individual may enter no more than 3 photos, and they must be your own work and must be submitted with all of the information outlined above.
ELIGIBILITY AND JUDGING
To ensure eligibility for the Contest all entries should submit the highest quality photo possible – ideally 300 dpi (2550 pixels wide by 3300 pixels tall), with a minimum of 150 dpi (1275 pix by 1650). Photos should be between 5MB and 10MB in size. The preferred file format is JPEG.
The BirdLife Middle East judges panel will determine winner eligibility in its sole and absolute discretion. The BirdLife Middle East judges panel will select the winner based on technical excellence, composition, overall impact, artistic merit and quality.
Ten of the photos will be chosen to be judged by fans on BirdLife Middle East Facebook page based on the number of likes received to determine a "Facebook Favourite Award." In the case of a tie, the BirdLife Middle East judges panel will select the winner.
All decisions made by the judges are final.
Entries can be submitted starting on 18th June 2021. Deadline for submitting entries is 11:59 Amman Daylight Time on 13th July 2021.
Public voting for the Facebook Favourite winner will be held for at least a one-week period, to end no later than 31st July 2021. Winners will be announced on 10th August 2021.
BirdLife Middle East reserves the right to adjust any deadline(s) as the result of causes beyond its immediate control.
The winning photo will be displayed on the Birdlife International website and social media platforms, Migratory Soaring Birds project website and social media platforms in addition to a gift from the Migratory Soaring Birds Project.
You will retain all rights to any photograph you submit - including ownership if applicable. However, by entering photos into the Contest, each entrant grants BirdLife a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive license, including all rights to sub-license, to exercise all rights of whatever kind or nature now and hereafter protected by the Copyright Laws of all countries in and to the entered photographs and any accompanying descriptions.
Questions and inquiries about the Official Rules of the Contest can be emailed to email@example.com.